Thursday, June 14, 2012

Before I Die...


My excited construction worker friends across the street from the showroom-- it's like having your own personal cheer section ;)

Photos by Ashley Turchin and Denisio Truitt

Top- Vintage, Collar tips- La Petite Marmoset (here), Shorts- Dyed Vintage Levis (La Petite Marmoset), Cuff- Forever21(similar here), Mochila- Colombia (here), Boots- Bakers (similar here)

I don't mean for the title of this post to start you off on a solemn note---- au contraire, I hope it inspires you to think about your life goals (even if they are technically illegal in 14 states...).  This mural on the corner of 14th and Q st is part of an installation by Candy Chang that has been set up in cities around the world (read more here).  My bucket list is so extensive (own a chocolate factory, convert DC to short-short-ism, own a real marmoset...) that I couldn't think of what to write, so I opted to instead read everyone else's goals. "Runaway and join the circus" and "Make Bathtub Gin" have to be some of my favorites.  Sometimes I feel like I have indeed runaway and joined the circus--- a wonderful, fashionable, crazy circus of people that love what they do and work tirelessly to achieve big things. Okay, there's your daily pep talk. Now go out and have anal sex accomplish those goals!

By the way, have you voted in June's 3-Way Style Challenge yet? Vote for your favorite look here.




2 comments:

  1. really great look!
    <3

    FASHION PHILOSOPHY
    www.fashionphilosophy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord...I'm in tears at some of the thing written down on that mural! Anyway you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...