Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday DIY: Circle Scarf

So I've decided to do a once a week DIY post.  I, unlike the rest of my family, am not particularly skilled with my hands or at sewing, so these projects for the most part will be quick, easy, and require minimal materials.  For today's DIY, I'm turning a regular scarf into a circle scarf.  I have a bunch of men's scarves that are short and stiff.  You know, the ones you can wrap around once but not quite twice without the ends sticking out in an awkward way?  I normally don't wrap them because of this, but then they end up not keeping me warm. This is a nice way to get an extra loop out of that scarf and still look good :)


                                           *womp womp*


What you will need:
- scarf
- scissors
- either needle and thread or sewing machine
- (optional) decorative pin
- 2 minutes, literally


STEP 1:
Fold scarf in half so the fringed ends meet.


STEP 2: Cut off the fringe





STEP 3: Sew (either by hand or with machine) the ends together.  Make sure the scarf is inside out when you do this.


                    (I'll blame that jagged edge on the blunt scissors and not my kindergarten cutting skills)


STEP 4:  If you want, you can put a criss-cross stitch along the edge you just sewed to keep it from fraying, or if you're lazy like me, then you're done! Turn it right side out and enjoy!


left lose...

...or looped twice

Optional: If you have a decorative pin it makes a nice finishing touch. I bought a bunch at the thrift store for 99 cents each.


Badabing badaboom, there you have it!


4 comments:

  1. You made such a nice piece, and it definitely was worth it! :)

    livingparisinkl.blogspot.com
    Alara-S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the scarf and the many ways you wear it.

    windowshopz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!)))
    I love this style, very beautiful post)))
    love, love, love, this creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow greta job !!!
    http://nyc-fashion.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...