Thursday, October 21, 2010

Shop with your Imagination


Sweater, Shorts, and Crocodile Ring- Forever21, Top worn as dress- Loeman's, Tights- American Apparel, Boots- Chinese Laundry, Belt-Vintage

I started wearing women's 2XL shirts as dresses several years ago after a shopping trip with one of my best friends.  We strode into the same discount store, full of hope and eager to fly through racks of clothes searching for hidden gems. I, resorting to the excuse that these types of stores can be hit or miss, came out empty handed.  My friend, on the other hand, came out with a bag full of inexpensive blouses that were wayyyy to big for her.  I remember thinking it was a waste of money and she would just look goofy, but come beach time, they made beautiful coverups and people went crazy asking her where she got them. 

I learned never to dismiss the shirts that seem too big on the sale rack.  They can easily be belted, altered, worn over shorts, or worn under a long cardi like this one.  Always shop with an open mind, and make sure this doesn't apply quite the same way to your wallet!
     

3 comments:

  1. The magenta couloured blouse is really pretty. Where is this photo taken, in Boston? Anyway the outfit suits the environment. Drop by mine too when you have time.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that purple/pink color on you - stunning


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove your outfit girl...:))

    xxx

    Angie

    P.S:http://www.lapetitemarmoset.blogspot.com
    Don't bother to pass by my blog and comment if u like...;))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...