Monday, January 31, 2011

Let Them Wear Cake!

Blazer- Thrifted, T-shirt- Forever21, Headband- my mom's sweater tie, Cropped pants- Express, Wedges- UrbanOG.com

I love mixing the colors cream and light blue, partially because it reminds me of the birthday cake we get each year-- devil's food cake with real whipped cream and blue flowers! (mm-mmmm!) It's also a cleaner option than literally wearing cake, as my numerous childhood photos document. (The bf would argue that not much has changed!)

To the right, you'll notice I just put up a banner for the ebay link (it's not officially a store yet, I have to sell stuff first!).  I know it doesn't look super exciting right now, but we all have to start somewhere! Later I want to just make it a stand alone website.  It's been a trial and error process so far-- any tips are welcome :)



23 comments:

  1. i love the blazer and i love what u did with your mom's sweater tie..very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute! 24blogazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this isss terrific! that is so creative to make your mom's sweater tie into a headpiece! brilliant idea! this combination is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. & im looking forward to your vintage store!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so cool your opening up an online vintage store! i want to start one up too, but its taking me some time. its hard, but i have a lot of things i want to sell. ill defiantly be checking your out though. check out my blog! :)

    Paolina


    calurvillade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I like your turban headband. I've been on the lookout for a great white/cream blazer like that.. great find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful *_*

    LOVE
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look amazing!!!


    and... there's a give-away on my blog!so cu soon!!!

    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's really nice!
    You have a great style!
    Following!

    http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a sweater headband like that!

    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. really COOL! LOVE THAT SHOES AND HEADBAND!

    I'd love if you had a look at my blog, I upload my portraits and designs, it's DIFFERENT!!

    http://whenfashionmeetsart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. this outfit is definitely my cup of tea!love that!
    following you!
    <3
    katerina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit... specially the shoes!!! you look really pretty...

    xx
    mariale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your blazer!!! :)

    http://cihc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. yumm that cake sounds delicious! You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  17. in love with your blazer and the headband!! actually i am pretty obsessed with this styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cute outfit!
    xoxo


    townofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome look.. I'm specially digging the head piece.. it gives the whole outfit a fierce touch..
    stay cool..

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the pastel icy colors, pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...