Sunday, September 18, 2011

DIY: Green Monster

Trying to look fashionably hot while eating is hard.

All photos by Sebastian Marin

Caftan- Vintage, Cross Necklace- forever21, Cuff- Velvet Lounge

La Petite Marmoset goes Martha Stewart!  Prepare for your taste buds to be tantalized!


Ha. I kid. This is from a rainy day before I left for NY-- we couldn't take pictures outside and decided to document breakfast instead. This "Green Monster" omelette is the closest I come to any real cooking (I know, I'm never getting married).  I eat some form of it it everyday-- basically I just throw all the vegetables in my fridge (except beets, they don't cook well and end up making a Purple Monster) into a skillet with one whole egg and a couple of egg whites.


This time I'm using: spinach, mushrooms, alfalfa sprouts, tomatoes, green pepper, and 5 scoops of avocado (I loovee avocado).  


You'll know your veggie to egg ratio is correct if you look at your skillet and think "Man, that's a LOT of green!" You can always add in some pieces of turkey and parmesean cheese to mix things up--- I just eat the bulk of my vegetables in the morning because I know I won't otherwise.


Once the omelette is cooked, add some greens on the side and a handful of berries and voila! Breakfast is served :)

8 comments:

  1. Love your kitchen. It has a 'homey' air about it. The only way to be fashionable when eating is to thoroughly enjoy the meal.....without lip smacking of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress!
    love your dress!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog, so check it out! :)

    www.lulucherieblog.blogspot.com

    SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, put as much green as possible in my eggs for breakfast. Only because I think it tastes awesome. Meanwhile, cute caftan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! looks so good and I'm going to have to try to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is GORG!
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...