Thursday, September 29, 2011

"Expecto Patronum!"

\

Since when is this a scene from the suburbs and not the pages of National Geographic?

Photos by Sebastian Marin

Bolero and ring- Vintage (similar to this one), Dress- Thrifted Women's XL shirt, Chelsea Boots- Asos, Necklace- H&M, Cuff- Costa Rica, Bag- Style & Co

Several months ago I did a different outfit post at Forest Glen--- it hasn't gotten any less creepy!  The weirdest part about these peeling old haunted buildings is that they're located directly next to newly restored $500K town homes, but there seems to be no action being taken to revamp them. Until then, they make for great shooting.

 My freakout moment came when we saw these guys grazing by the Dutch windmill.  I never finished the Harry Potter series  (I know, I'm a bad person!) but I vaguely remember that his protection is a stag-- Is this correct?  Either way I've never seen male deer with antlers in person, let alone suburbia. We started walking towards them thinking that they were, you know, nice domesticated Bambi deer... until one of the stags abruptly looked up, stomped the ground, and gave us the "Don't **** with me" look. He snorted for added emphasis.  (Okay so maybe I'm describing the moments leading up to a bullfight, but that's how it felt!)  We got the message and backed away. I'm telling you, something's not quite right about this place!

5 comments:

  1. The deers are actually pretty adorable, if we didn't read your description. Love the crochet dress and your chelsea boots by the way!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like your outfit. Its pretty and chic.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a cute outfit! i just love your hair! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog.
    Your outfits and photos are beautiful, and I look forward to hearing more about your adventures with irate deer!
    witchhare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning !! Love this outfit <3

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...