Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shopping Under the Influence

Sometimes I forget that before the onslaught of Land's End magazines my mom had pretty amazing style.

All photos by Sebastian Marin

Trench- Zara, Romper- Vintage, Clutch- Aldo, Flats- Deeny & Ozzy (via UO)

Hooray for flats! I've been slowly coming back to solid ground (pun intended) and mixing up my shoe wardrobe after a crippling NY experience--the Amazonian stomping heels need a rest sometimes!  I would normally be hesitant to purchase shoes with leg-shortening ankle straps (and flats period), but a couple of free drinks and encouraging words from a friend in Urban Outfitters at 10pm and they were mine...as well as a pizza cookbook in the shape of pizzas (I can't cook!).  The cashier was amused by our shopping style and called us "sassy ladies"--- hope that was a compliment!

11 comments:

  1. OMG, you and your mom look so alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I adore that side by side picture of you and your mom! You look just like her :)

    Love that trench, too!

    -Alison
    www.ChainStrapPurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suchhh a cute dress! I love it <3

    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful images love! I had to do a double-take with the image of you and your mother. She's so beautiful.

    TheQueenofHearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMWord, I love the side by side photos of you and your mom. You can really see the similarities. Meanwhile, I'm all for flats. I would wear them 24/7 but, of course, I'm short and sometimes I do like to look a bit taller. Anywho, cute flats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing! So fun and sophisticated with the trench!

    Come follow my blog hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit, you look so good, that dress is so cool, the color, the length, the shape are perfect, you look so chic and you are beautiful, also that trench is awesome! Your blog is lovely and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad your friend can have such a positive influence on you ;) I say she's a keeper.

    Also: I've been keeping my eye on that pizza book for quite some time... have you guys made anything from it yet?
    If not, I think your friend has some serious explaining to do... and possibly a dinner party for you to attend this Sunday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi beautifull hotel. I'd like you to visit my blog. If you like it , follow me . Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...