Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bubblegum Brights

It's hard to tell from this picture but the lipstick is actually a bright orange color that's not too different from my nails!

Green button up- Thrifted/DIY, Tank and skirt- Zara, Platforms- Jeffrey Campbell, Jewelry- Laila Rowe

Decided to break with the usual LBD on Saturday and wore this out for my birthday instead (I feel like there must be a cartoon character that wears this color combination but I can't think of who... maybe if Meg from Family Guy borrowed Lois's shirt?).  This is also my interpretation of the spring color-blocking look (a la Prada and Gucci).  It's easy to overdo it on the color though... almost walked out the door wearing tall stacks of beaded rainbow-colored bracelets on each arm! Thankfully, the part of me that was turning one year older looked into the mirror and said "Whaaaatt? Do you think you're going to a rave or something?"  

Me: "I'm going out for sushi! I wish I was going to a rave..."
Older me: "You still don't understand what the heck dub step is, that's not your scene!"
Me: "Okayyy" [*Womp womp* Takes bracelets off]

In the end I was happy with a slightly more subdued look (Although now I know what I'd wear if tickets to Miami's Ultra Music Festival were to magically fall in my lap... pretty please?)

15 comments:

  1. I'm OBSESSED with bright colors right now and this is like Jil Sander-tastic. Big fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm yet to do the color block look. My time shall come! Anywho, cute outfit. The colors definitely complement each other. Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! keep the inspiration coming!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love the colours of your outfit! very bravi but they fit you :)


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fabulous, I love the mix of those colors!

    ~Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! This outfit is completely perfect! Needless to say you definitely mastered color blocking. Love the JC's as well!
    Have a great day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Loving this colorful ensemble!
    You look very stunning.

    P.S Thank you for the comments. Btw, would you like to exchange links? just let me know when you have added me so I can add yours.

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! Especially those shoes. Killer.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Libbie
    http://mylovelysurroundings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit, that's so daring and made extra special because of the unexpected shoulder detail. Looks great with your colouring too :)

    http://glamorousambitions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the color blocking in this outfit is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Birthday! these colours are so vividly gorgeous together. the tan shoes are perfect with it. hopefully one day you'll get to wear those bracelets much to your older self's displeasure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the color combo! :)

    www.flaribel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and playful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this colorblock!!!Perfectly paired!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...