Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ladies Who Brunch

A group of girlfriends and I have a monthly "Ladies Who Brunch" meetup-- basically an excuse to stuff our faces full of amazing breakfast food and mimosas while catching up.  For today's morning feast, we headed to Old Town Frederick's eclectic Nola Cafe-- I ordered the portabello benedict (There's an entire mushroom under that mound of mozarella in the picture above. Soo good!). We didn't stop there-- ventured into a candy store (against our better judgement) and then to some boutiques (you know, just to highlight local businesses...)
I might or might not have taken home this BB Dakota fringe jacket ;)
1st stop was Sky's the Limit,  my new source for stone set rings (That was only one tray-- they had rings and pendants all over the store!) Among my other favorite offerings- their carefully selected collection of indie dresses and jackets, a pour-your-own potpurri station, and a wide variety minnetonka boots.

Next we ran/splashed through puddles across the street to Velvet Lounge, a hip and trendy (I know those words have been beaten to death, but that's really what it was!) store that has the biggest collection of Free People I've seen (even more than in the Free People store!) They've been featured in Lucky Magazine and it's clear as to why-- owner April is on point with her inventory--I was crazy about Obey's Pheonix Clutch and these big metal cuffs.

This little crown reminded me of those Vera Wang Princess ads
Loved Anna's OPI cracked nail polish against this vintage clutch!
Last but not least, we saved room for shopping desert at Tiara Day (and a sweet treat it was)-- the ambiance could best be described as a grown up girl's dream tea party on steroids.  There were vintage tiaras, hand mirrors, tea cups, hats, gloves, purses, and magazine bombshell prints everywhere! The cherry on top was their selection of vintage in the back of the store-- it was mostly victorian to pre-60's era and in mint condition! I fell hard for this vintage Chloe blouse, but sadly, it wasn't meant to be-- I had reached my personal limit for the day (which was only intended to be for brunch). Will definitely be heading back to Frederick soon!









8 comments:

  1. The fringe jacket is cute, really love it!!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm brunch looks delish and that store looks fabulous!!

    <3 steffy
    steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tickled to have made your fabulous blog! Thanks --and let me know what you think of the European bath cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you did buy that fringe jacket because it's awesome. I never new Frederick had such cute boutique stores in the area. One of these days, I may go out there and visit 'em. And I need the OPI Nlack Shatter in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOWWWW amazing stuff please let me know where in the world is this!!!!!!!! and your nails are really cool 2 thinbs up!
    this is my first time on your blog and ill be coming back i iloke it alot :)
    come by and check wecanpretend.blogspot.com we would love some feedback!
    -duda and cristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fringe jacket!!! I just got it from Modcloth and now I'm wondering how to wear it. Please, please, any advice you have would really be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that brunch meal look so so yummmy! the bb dakota jacket is intensely amazing! love how each store has such great ways of spacing out items and designing the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...