Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quickie DIY: Snip snip!

Shirt- Thrifted/DIY, Shorts- Abercrombie (from high school), Booties- Jeffrey Campbell, Earrings- Thrifted

Today's DIY was spontaneous and inspired by that "I have nothing to wear!" feeling when getting ready in the morning (so spontaneous that I have no pictures of the actual process, but it's so simple a monkey could do it!).  Don't get me wrong, I love sites like Nasty Gal and Pixie Market, but sometimes it seems like they're charging $60+ for a shirt just because it has a tapered hemline and cut-out shoulders. I have scissors too you know!

Literally, all I did was cut a hole in each shoulder of this shirt (it's made out of that nice soft Tommy Bahama-like fabric)  and cut the shirt in the front below the fourth button (tapering the cut towards the side seams). Voila! New shirt in 30 seconds! I like the raw unfinished look of the edges, but you can choose to sew them.  Thinking about going on a scissors rampage... hide your clothes!


29 comments:

  1. i love your DIY! i agree with you on the whole charging thing, it gets crazy sometimes, but you made it lovely!
    and i love the outfit as a whole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing look! I love your shoes.


    www.fairydah.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. hide your kid! hide tour clothes hide your wife!! hahaha i dint know why i hadn't thought of this GORGEOUS cutout top, but im glad you did and passed it on! means the world to me!!
    ashley<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i love the colour of your shirt!!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. loove your litas!!xx

    www.zscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shirt!



    Follow me if you like ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! Love the Jeffrey Campbells.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love Lita with this print!

    http://fashionmef.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, love your outfit. Those shoes are nice! "I have scissors too you know!" lol. So freakin' true. I did a couple of DIYs, myself, recently. Hopefully, I'll get the chance (and time) to post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great DIY shirt! & the outfit looks great! :)

    www.flaribel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow,looks amazing!

    love ur blog by the way!

    www.glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous outfit!
    Thanks for your comment! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. that shirt is amazing, love the peach color and cutout shoulders, such a fresh silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i'll be visiting your blog again for sure!
    wonderful inspiration, darling.

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i LOVE YOUR BLOUSE. im definitely gonna try to do a DIY on my next blouse i get while thrifting!! :) very chic the way you styled it too girl ;).

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing look, i love your style.

    from paris with love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love ehat you did, the shirt looks amazing!!and this color is just so lovely on you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your heels!!

    Check out my blog and if you like it follow me!

    Kiss from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  19. j'adore ton look, et je te trouve très jolies.
    Tes photos sont superbes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this and love your blouse!!!!
    http://buceandoentrelamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi!
    I've just discovered your blog... and it's a nice blog you have!
    Would you like to exchange links? Thanks!

    http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm totally going to do this! what a great DIY idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i LOVE those booties!! dying!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. you are the innovator! the cuts are perfect and loook so cool. your JC's are my addiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...