Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Guacamole Land

Couldn't resist this photo op! I love how this monkey is shaking his fist at the camera.

Cover Up- Becca Swimwear, Bikini- Victoria Secret, Hat and Bag- Colombia, Sandals- Urban Outfitters

Escaped the cold this past weekend to Playa Del Carmen for an incentive trip with the bf and his company. It couldn't have come at a better time! Spent most of the days baking (which I'll probably regret later), bargaining (my favorite activity on vacation-- if only you could do that at stores in the US! "Yea that pair of Jeffrey Campbells? $150 seems too high, I won't budge past 20 bucks."),  marveling at the free spirited Europeans and their thong swimwear (or in some cases no swimwear), and enjoying all inclusive food (lots and lots of guacamole!). 

There was one casualty though: my laptop!  It committed suicide the first night by jumping off a table on my balcony. Okay, so maybe I accidentally dropped it and screamed expletives loud enough for the whole hotel to hear (the bf chose this as the opportune time to say he was heading downstairs to the bar.). I felt like I had just dropped a baby! The monitor came partially unhinged and when I turn it on, all that shows up is the Mac Apple symbol (which is why I haven't posted for the past 4 days). Will find out the extent of the damage tonight!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Have been looking through your comments from the last post, thanks so much for your feedback! Looks like a B/C combo's a winner :)




12 comments:

  1. wow! what a lovely place! i LOVE this dress!!!
    Thank you for passing by and leaving your sweet comment! I hope you know that k come karolina is also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :) so cu soon!!!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, i am so jealous of your pictures with the monkeys, that is just so adorable.
    but i love your outfit as well.
    And don't worry I would scream too if my laptop feel. I do everything on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print on your dress. I wish I was in warm weather!

    www.mintypeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this sounds like such a great trip and that bathing suit cover up is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the bag. I love print like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look wonderful! the dress is lovely and the panama hat is such a nice touch. if only summer could come sooner on this end of the earth. sorry about your laptop woes. one time my laptop wasn't turning on and at its demise i was about to burst into tears, but luckily it turned back on! you had all the right to yellow and curse at the top of your lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the print combo of your dress and your bag - so bright and colourful and - necessary hat for the sunshine -

    hope your computer will make it!

    xo denj

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to say... this doesn't look like DC! I'm so jealous! And I love the bright colors and patterns your rocking in this outfit!

    Also, I got an invite to a google group for DC fashion bloggers. shoot me an email if you want to join: districtofchic[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so lucky.. We miss the sea and got weather :(
    Have fun there !!! The last photo is extremely cute :)

    www.fashionhasit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds amazing!

    I am in LOVE with your bag

    xx

    sftrend

    ReplyDelete
  11. The print of that top is exquisite. And what cute monkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tunic is cute. The monkeys are adorable! Your lucky to have gotten away on a little vacation!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...