Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What's Your Nightmare?


Blazer- Vintage, Tank- Tennis, Jeans- Gap, Boots- Forever21, Bracelets- Costa Rica, Colombia, and Kenya

I heard on the radio today that every year, this is the week most people report feeling depressed (blame it on the groundhog). I consider myself a naturally happy person, but in the spirit of battling that seasonal rut some of us might find ourselves in, I decided to dress as colorfully as possible! I don't think anything could be more cheerful (albeit nauseating) than peace sign charms, big pink grandma glasses, and a bright printed blazer.  So cheerful in fact, I think I might have distracted my econ professor this morning, who called on me every time I raised my hand, even though I usually have the wrong answer!  

I distracted another professor later in a different way: while trying to check the time on my blackberry (which has been acting up recently) somehow I accidently triggered Pandora and Ludacris's "What's Your Fantasy" started blaring out of my phone! (It happened to be on the Pitbull station I listen to for working out, okay?). Aaaah! The screen went completely blank as I frantically pressed random buttons to stop the music.  "...from your head to your toes!" Luda kept yelling as my professor offered comfort in his Indian accent, "Oh, sometimes it can be a bit confusing!"  Finally I just pulled out the battery, shoved the phone in my pocket and tried not to feel too mortified/burst out into laughter thinking about the fact that I would be thereafter known as an undercover econ freak-a-leek.  "What a great song!" the guy sitting next to me said. 

18 comments:

  1. Love the jacket. It completes the whole look ;-)

    http://www.snowblackblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, your blackberry story is simultaneously hilarious and mortifying. I'm experiencing secondhand embarrassment over here! lol.

    On to more pleasant thoughts, I love your outfit! Great jacket and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many bracelets that are exactly like your seafoam green one. Supposedly mine are from Uganda. I love them; I wear them all the time during the spring and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blazer! The colors are very Tory Burch-esque, I like your blog too, it's the perfect mix between a personal and style blog, following you on Bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pink background looks really good kmart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of bold colour to spruce up a basic outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely boots and bracelets! i like colorful bracelets too! cute! :-)

    Babi
    http://whenbabispeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so chic!! i loove the vintage blazer and the color is so vibrant, perfect for spring/summer! and those glasses suit you so well, I need to find a pair like that they're lovely! :)

    <3, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bhahaha! Cheerful mission accomplished then. Phone going off in class always leaves me in a frenzy especially when the prof comes out with a snide remark. Must have been worse with your phone refusing to cooperate hunh?

    Nice outfit. The colourful peace bracelet and vibrant print jacket great. Love the structure and fit of the blazer

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of the most perfect jackets ever! loving the colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah lovely post-- i really really like the blazer!! so colorful and lively.


    xx
    www.dragonnfruit.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing pattern on the blazer and I love that ring...very nice outfit :)


    P.s. thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I discovered your blog through your comment on an other blog.
    I love your looks, I add your on my blog list.
    Jeffrey Campbell Lita's are comfortable?
    If you like french and parisian style maybe you will like my blog: http://www.bijebije.blogspot.com

    XXX

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  14. that jacket is unbelievable. i dig it.

    http://closetobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. the winter blues can be downright unsettling, but I like your idea of using brights to cheer up. the blazer is insane! and the glaseees to coool! the background to your shots are superb, well chosen. I feel for you, nothing is more mortifying than a blaring phone! at least it was a good song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That jacket is AMAZING

    antoinettemusik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate all your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...